Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.2 prepares students for the Cisco CCNA Data Center certification and for associate-level data center roles.
The course covers foundational knowledge, skills, and technologies, including networking technologies, data center network virtualization, unified computing, data center automation and orchestration, and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
The training provided in this course is focused on data center basic operations covering the topics needed for today’s demanding associate-level positions. The hands-on lab exercises focus on configuring features in Cisco NX-OS Software, Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), and Cisco UCS Director.
Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)
Who Should Attend
Network designers, administrators, engineers, and managers, Storage administrators, Server administrators, Program managers, Project managers, Systems engineers
- Describe switch and machine virtualization Describe network virtualization, including overlays, virtual switches, and the Cisco Nexus 1000V solution.
- Describe Cisco FabricPath and Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) connectivity
- Describe Ethernet port channels and virtual port channels (vPC) and Cisco Unified Fabric
- Identify Cisco UCS components
- Describe Cisco UCS organizational hierarchy and role-based access control (RBAC)
- Describe how to deploy servers in Cisco UCS
- Describe the purpose and advantages of application programming interfaces (API)
- Describe cloud computing basic concepts
- Describe Cisco UCS Director, its functional blocks and deployment models
- Describe Cisco UCS Director Orchestration features; policies, virtual data centers, workflows, and catalogs
- Describe Cisco ACI, traffic forwarding through the Cisco ACI fabric, as well as programming and orchestration capabilities
- Explain traffic forwarding mechanisms in Cisco ACI
- Describe programmability and orchestration capabilities of
- Cisco ACI